We all remember, remember the 5th of November but do we remember to eat our 5-a-day?
Bonfire night is all about the fireworks but there's nothing better to fill your mouth with between "oos" and "ahs" than warm, filling food - and where better to cook in full view of the night sky than the barbecue? But, when you've had your fill of sausages, burgers and kebabs, it's time to whip out the leftovers from your office fruit delivery and finish the night off with a dessert that packs a (fruit) punch!
- Leave them in their skins, score them a few times and wrap them in tin foil.
- Then throw them on the dying embers of the BBQ/bonfire (once all those lovely burgers are done with so the low heat won't burn them!)
- Carefully remove the tin foil and then REALLY carefully remove the skin (as steam is likely to come out) and serve immediately with a topping of your choice (can't go wrong with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or some melted chocolate!)
Just make sure it's the right banana going on the grill...
Toffee apples are a staple for the autumn months but save your teeth from those caramel crunchers and munch away on a softer, slimmer alternative.
- Choose your favourite variety of apples from your Fruit for the Office box and core them.
- Fill them with whatever you'd like: raisins, walnuts, pecans, marshmallows and even chocolate chips!
- Top with brown sugar and a sprinkle of cinnamon
- Wrap up in tin foil and place on the dying embers of your bonfire/BBQ
- Open up carefully, then top with whipped cream or ice cream and enjoy!
Let us know in the comments how much these went down a treat during your belated bonfire night celebrations and tweet us @office_fruit with your favourite fruity autumn desserts to keep us warm on these shorter and shorter nights!
Photo Credit: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |