- 1 large free-range egg
- 1 cup of self-raising flour
- 1 cup of milk
- Sea salt
- 200g blueberries
- olive oil
- 4 tablespoons natural yoghurt
- Crack the egg into a large mixing bowl
- Add the flour, milk and a pinch of sea salt
- Whisk everything together until you have a smooth batter
- Fold through the blueberries (if using).
- Put a large frying pan on a medium heat and after a minute or so, add 1/2 tablespoon of oil
- Tilt the pan to spread the oil evenly
- Add a few ladles of of batter to the pan, leaving enough space between each one so they have room to spread out slightly - each ladleful will make one pancake, so you will need to cook in batches
- Cook the pancakes for 1 to 2 minutes, or until little bubbles appear on the surface and the bases are golden, then use a flat spatula to carefully flip them over
- When the pancakes are golden on both sides, use a flat spatula to transfer the pancakes to a plate.
- Repeat steps 5 to 9 with the remaining batter, adding 1/2 tablespoon of oil to the pan between batches, if required
- Serve the pancakes straight away, topped with a dollop of natural yoghurt, and some extra berries.
Adapted from: http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/fruit-recipes/one-cup-pancakes-with-blueberries/
How do you make your pancakes? Let us know @office_fruit