The warm, inviting scents of spices and apples will make you want to embrace winter - especially when your curled up indoors with a cup of our delicious cinnamon cider.
Retrieve what's left of the apples from your office fruit delivery, make a big cup and consume with the heating turned up, the lights down low and in front of a good book - just what the doctor ordered.
- 1 litre of apple cider
- 6 apples - cored and sliced
- 70g brown sugar
- 4 cinnamon sticks (optional - 8 more for garnish)
- 2g allspice
- 2g whole cloves
- 5g lemon zest
- Cheesecloth (to wrap spices in)
What To Do:
- Mix the cider and brown sugar in a saucepan
- Wrap the cinnamon sticks, allspice, cloves and lemon zest in cheesecloth and place in the saucepan
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce to a simmer for 15-20 minutes
- Add apples and return to a very low heat for another 10 minutes
- Remove the bundle of spices
- Strain if necessary then either serve immediately in mugs with optional cinnamon stick garnish or store in a jug or jar in the fridge.
Tweet us @office_fruit with your idea of a perfect winter evening or leave us a comment here about which hot stuff you'd want to share this hot cider with...
Photo Credit: | 1 |