The sun is finally starting to rear it's beautiful head - albeit sporadically - and for those warmer days, you deserve a sweet, frozen treat! However, if you're still sticking with us and working towards a fitter self, try skipping the dairy-laden ice cream and use the remains London office fruit supplier box to indulge in a fresh and healthy frozen fruit sorbet. Read on for our favourite recipes that'll keep you healthy whilst also keeping that sweet tooth satisfied!
- 250g caster sugar
- 500g strawberries (a few extra to garnish)
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 egg white
- 500g mixed berries e.g. blackberries, raspberries, strawberries, blueberries etc
- juice and grated rind of 1 large orange
- 2 - 3 tbsp orange liqueur
- 2 egg whites
- 100g caster sugar
- Put the mixed berries, orange juice and rind, liquer and 175ml of water into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Using a sieve, push the mixture through to remove any seeds (unless you prefer them)
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff whilst gradually adding the sugar until the mixture is slightly firm. Fold this mixture into the frozen fruit.
- Ice cream machine method: Churn the mixture according to the manufacturer's instructions, then store in a freezable container in the freezer.
- Freezer method: Put the mixture into a freezable container and place into the freezer. Remove every half an hour to stir until the mixture feels and looks like a slush.
- Freeze the mixture again until frozen then serve up with optional berries as garnish.
We hope you enjoy these great recipes for sorbets and if you want to tell us yours, let us know in the comments below! Hopefully the weather will stay nice long enough to enjoy at least one bowlful...
Photo Credit: | 1 |