Tis the season to be jolly - as well as the season of one too many drinks at the office party and spending your weekend hungover. But you always remember at the very last minute that you promised to bring something special to dinner - so we here at Fruit For The Office bring you our patented Hungover Mince Pies - named because you can make them after a hard night on the mulled wine.
What You Need:
- 1-2 packs of pre-made shortcrust pastry
- 500g mincemeat
- 5 tbsp of dark rum or brandy
- Icing sugar to dust
- Star-shaped pastry cutter
- Muffin/Pastry tin
What To Do: (Makes 12+ depending on size of muffin tin)
- Roll out the pastry into walnut-sized balls and push into the holes of the tin so that the top is just peeking above the surface to create the pastry cases.
- Mix the mincemeat with the dark rum/brandy until all combined.
- Equally distribute the mincemeat into each of the pastry cases.
- Take the last of the pastry and cut out stars to fit over the top of the mincemeat in each pastry case.
- Bake according to the instructions on your pastry packet.
- Leave to cool then sprinkle icing sugar over the top.
Let us know in the comments how these go down on Christmas Day and be sure to tell the host that it was ALL made from scratch - honest!
Photo Credit: | 1 |