The cold is setting in but sometimes you're not in the mood for a hot chocolate or a tea to cosy up with on those chilly winter nights. Here's a recipe you can make with all those leftover apples from your office fruit supplier and prepare at work ready to heat up and enjoy at home!
- 1 litre of sweet apple cider
- 70g brown sugar
- 4 cinnamon sticks (optional - 8 more for garnish)
- 2g allspice
- 2g whole cloves
- 5g lemon zest
- 290ml dark rum
- 100ml butterscotch schnapps (optional but recommended - adds sweetness)
- Cheesecloth (to wrap spices in)
What To Do: (Serves 8)
- Mix the cider and brown sugar in a saucepan
- Wrap the cinnamon sticks, allspice, cloves and lemon zest in cheesecloth and place in the saucepan
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce to a simmer for 15-20 minutes
- Remove the bundle of spices
- Stir in the rum and schnapps
- Strain if necessary then either serve immediately in mugs with optional cinnamon stick garnish or store in a tupperware or jug in the fridge if you plan to reheat later.
If you're anything like us, you'll be imagining enjoying this on a bearskin rug in front of a roaring open fire. However, we all know, drinking it in a onesie in front of Corrie sounds just as good.
Photo Credit: | 1 |