- 200g caster sugar
- 520g raspberries
- 150ml water
- juice of 1/2 a lime
- 3 tbsp tequila
What To Do:
- Take a deep pan and heat 150g of the sugar with| the water to create a sugar syrup. Once the sugar has dissolved, boil for 3 minutes then remove from the heat.
- Blend 500g of raspberries with the remaining sugar in a food processor until pureed. Sieve this puree to remove all seeds.
- Combine the puree with the sugar syrup, as well as the lime juice and just 1 tbsp of the tequila.
- Pour the mixture into a freeze-proof container and place in the freezer for 2 to 3 hours.
- After 2 hours, remove the sorbet and mix with a fork to break up any ice crystals.
- Place back into the freezer for a further hour.
- Remove and add the remaining 2 tbsp of tequila (or more!) to the mixture when ready to serve. Garnish with the remaining raspberries.
Us here at Fruit For The Office hope you enjoy this week's Boozy Fruit Friday but warn you that if you're going to add more tequila then wait till the end of the working day - trust us!
Photo Credit: | 1 |