At the end of a hectic week there's nothing better than a little comfort food, especially something you've made yourself. But, let's be honest, you have been working hard so why not cheat a little and get it done during your tea break? You can pick up all the ingredients at your corner shop and have it done in the time it takes your tea to brew.
- Trifle Dish/Deep Bowl
- 1 Small Plain or Strawberry Swiss Roll
- 5 tbs (or more!) of Sherry
- 1 Tin of Drained Raspberries or 1 Punnet of Fresh
- 1 Can/Carton of Ready-Made Custard
- 2 Bananas
- Can of Whipped Cream (Or if you have more time then 300ml of Whipped Double Cream)
What To Do:
- Slice up the swiss roll and arrange on the bottom of the dish so that it is entirely covered.
- Pour the sherry over the slices ensuring all are thoroughly soaked through.
- Cover the sponge base with 3/4 of the raspberries and sliced banana.
- Pour the custard over the fruit layer.
- Squirt the whipped cream over the custard layer (if you are using double cream, whip it until slightly stiffened then spread over the custard)
- Arrange the remaining raspberries on the cream.
- Chill for as long as you can manage in the fridge then enjoy!
We hope you enjoy the cheater's guide to this classic dessert and remember, if it's been a hard week, don't skimp on the sherry - we won't judge!
Photo Credit: | 1 |