It’s that time of the week again. The weekend is drawing near and what better way to kick it off than with a Friday afternoon boozy office treat. This boozy fruit salad is a great way to end the week in the office and you’ll be getting one of your 5 a day too!
This recipe works with all fruit so just scoop up the remains of your office fruit delivery, chop it up and stick it in a bowl. Then all you need to do is make the boozy sugar syrup
What you need
- Equal quantities of sugar and water
- 50cl of an alcohol of your choice – something citrusy like cointreau or a lemon vodka will work best
Making the syrup
- Take 1 part sugar and 1 part water and place in a microwaveable bowl
- Cook on the highest heat for 2 minutes
- Remove from the microwave and stir – the sugar should be completely dissolved, if you making quite a bit, you may need a little longer in the microwave.
- WARNING: This solution will be extremely hot so be careful when handling
- Leave to cool to room temperature then add your alcohol and stir.
- Pour the syrup over the fruit and leave it to infuse for a few minutes
Then you’re ready to serve!