Christmas is just around the corner and nothing gets the merriment flowing than the festive smell and taste of mulled wine. It's so easy to make that you can get it done on your lunch break and if you add our (recommended) trickle of gin to the mix, your Friday evening wine can be that little bit more exciting.
What You'll Need:
- 1 bottle of red wine
- 50g demerara sugar
- 50g caster sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 grated nutmeg
- 1 orange halved
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 star anise
- 1/2 lemon peel
- 1/2 lime peel
- 60ml gin (optional but recommended!)
What To Do: (Serves 6)
- Put the wine in the saucepan and add the all the ingredients apart from the gin.
- Boil and stir the wine until the sugar has dissolved. Taste to check the sweetness, add more sugar if desired.
- Take off the heat and add gin if desired.
- Strain into heatproof glasses and serve immediately.
Christmas is just round the corner now and we'd like to hear your perfect Christmas recipes - the fruitier and boozier the better! Let us know in the comments below and we may even feature them in the coming weeks!
Photo Credit: | 1 |