It's getting closer and closer to Christmas and more often than not, your office will be breaking out the Celebrations/Heroes/Quality Street... But maybe you have a hankering for the more decadent? Perhaps you'd rather indulge your chocolate cravings with a taste a touch more sophisticated? (and, also, something a little more alcoholic!) Well look no further as we've scoured the world (wide web) for the most delicious, fruity, boozy, chocolately - and not to mention easy - truffle recipe. Not only will it be a hit for your taste buds but buy a nice box and some fancy wrapping and your Secret Santa is done!
What You'll Need:
- 45g unsalted butter
- 250g high quality dark chocolate e.g. Green & Blacks
- 80ml extra-thick double cream
- 1 tsp of glucose
- 50g cocoa powder (a darker/bitter taste) or good quality drinking chocolate (sweeter)
- 1 tbsp Cointreau
- 4 tsp finely grated orange zest
- white chocolate with added orange food colouring to decorate (optional)
What To Do: (Makes 18 Truffles)
- Microwave the butter and chocolate together in 30 second intervals up to approx. 2 mins until melted.
- Add the glucose and cream. Mix all together until smooth and combined.
- Stir in the Cointreau and 2tsp of the orange zest.
- Chill the mixture until thick.
- Take some of the mixture and roll into a ball then place onto a tray lined with greaseproof paper. Do this until you have approximately 18 truffles made from the entirety of the mixture. Chill again until the truffles are firm.
- Dust the surface with cocoa powder/drinking chocolate and roll each truffle over it until each one is completely covered.
- Sprinkle the remaining 2tsp of orange zest onto the finished truffles or pipe the orange-coloured white chocolate onto the surface.
- Now return to chill and remove the truffles 20 mins before eating to full enjoy them.
It's just that easy! If you can't do that during your lunch break, then you must not want them enough! Let us know in the comments below your favourite flavour truffle!
Photo Credit: | 1 |