When it gets to the end of the week there are always a few items left over from your office fruit delivery. If it comes to Friday afternoon and you spy some lonely pears in the fruit bowl, bring them back to life with this #BoozyFruitFriday recipe for microwave poached pears (we’re poaching them in wine of course!)
For this you will need
- 2/3 pears cut in half with the cores removed
- 2 glasses of red wine (whatever you’ve got lurking in the cupboards)
- 1 cup sugar
- Ground cinnamon and ginger if you have it
What you need to to
- Find a microwave safe bowl and mix the wine, sugar and spices
- Place mixture in the microwave for 3 minutes
- Add the pears to the mixture, cover with cling film or a lid and microwave for another 5 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving on its own or with icecream
Send us your pictures then enjoy!
Photo Credits: 1