A vodka watermelon is a great addition to any summer party, will definitely get your guests talking (and maybe also a little unable to stand!) and is also available from your office fruit supplier!
How to make a vodka watermelon:
- Buy a large and preferably seedless watermelon along with any size bottle or brand of vodka (flavoured vodkas, especially lime or strawberry can also be used to add a different flavour and use different size bottles depending on how cheeky you want your melon to be!)
- Using a sharp knife, cut a circular hole into the watermelon, deep enough that it reaches the middle of the red flesh and wide enough that it will fit a funnel. (If you are transporting the watermelon to a party make sure not to throw away the 'plug' as it will come in handy to close the hole)
- Insert a funnel into the hole and begin to pour the vodka in slowly as the watermelon will take time - maybe several hours - to absorb a whole bottle of vodka. Continue this process until the bottle is empty and all vodka has gone from the funnel.
- Whilst waiting for each funnel load of vodka to be absorbed, keep the watermelon in the fridge to maintain freshness.
- Keep the watermelon refrigerated until all vodka has been absorbed (normally 24 hours depending on the amount of vodka) and is ready to serve.
- Slice the watermelon into wedges and serve as they are or on lolly sticks.
- Enjoy and make sure only those over the legal drinking age consume these treats as they contain pure alcohol!