Here's how to make it..
Prep time: 1 minute
Cook time: 6 minutes
Total time: 7 minutes
- 2 tablespoons good quality butter
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 ripe bananas (not overly ripe/brown), peeled, cut in half and sliced lengthewise
- 1 or 2 tablespoon dark run (or leave out for an acohol-free version)
- Vanilla ice cream to serve
- Place the butter and sugar in a saute pan over a low heat, and stir until the sugar dissolves and begins to bubble.
- Simmer for about 2 minutes and then add the bananas
- Continue to simmer and turn the bananas for another minute or so
- Add the rum, stir and remove from heat. (If making this without the rum, just remove the bananas from the heat at this step).
- Place a scoop of ice cream in two serving bowls, then top each with 4 pieces of banana. Drizzle with the syrup
What are your favourite banana desserts? Let us know @office_fruit