So if you want a quick, easy alternative to bread, look no further. This low-carb microwave bread is more eggy than bread, but is a great way of adding some variety to breakfast and lunch if you are avoiding bread or controlling your carbs. Easy to make, and ready in less than 5 minutes, the spongy texture soaks up butter, honey or jam.
Let's get to cooking!
Prep and cool time - 1 minute
Cook time - 2 minutes
Total time - 3 minutes
- 1 tablespoon salted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- In a medium bowl, use a fork to mix the ingredients until very smooth.
- Using a spatula, transfer to a small pyrex bowl (mine measures 2 inches on the bottom and 4 inches at the top).
- Microwave on high for 90 seconds. Bread will puff up while "baking," then deflate. When done, it will look like a muffin. Make sure it appears set, otherwise microwave 30 more seconds (but 90 seconds should be enough, and overcooking can dry it up).
- Gently, with a small knife, loosen the bread edges and remove from the bowl onto a plate. Slice into two slices and top with your favorite toppings.
Taken from: http://healthyrecipesblogs.com/2014/04/17/low-carb-microwave-bread/
Have you tried this recipe? Let us know @office_fruit